With the DataHub OPC Tunneller you can quickly configure robust and secure OPC connections on a network, without DCOM. Eliminate COM configuration headaches, minute-long timeouts, and unreliable networking.
Protect your system from security breaches through password protection, encryption, and by limiting connections to a single port. Detect network breaks in milliseconds, and recover from them smoothly, without breaking the OPC client connection. Reduce network bandwidth and licensing costs using a single tunnel connection to connect multiple OPC servers and clients.
Also included is the QuickTrend display that lets you closely monitor all data points in real time. And you can add power and value to your DataHub OPC Tunneller as needed by simply activating additional DataHub Features.
- OPC DA Support - connect to OPC DA servers and clients.
- Data Aggregation - merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Tunnel/Mirror - secure networking of OPC data without DCOM problems.
- New - DataHub QuickTrend - view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Enhanced - Scripting - program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Enhanced - Security - control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Product Pack Licensing
When you purchase the DataHub OPC Tunneller you are buying a license pack that enables a subset of the features in the full Cogent DataHub product. There are several advantages to this approach, not least the fact that you can immediately add individual feature licenses to enable other complementary DataHub features, such as bridging or database logging.
Popular add-on features
- DataHub WebView - build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data Bridging - connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC A&E Support - connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
- Enhanced - Database Read - read data from any ODBC database.
- Enhanced - Database Write - write data to any ODBC database.
Other add-on features include DDE/Excel Support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS Notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, Data Historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, and Data Redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources.
For more information about the product, you can also visit the corporate site