The 5040-AM provides manual backup for critical loops, it has comprehensive range of hardware and software features in a compact size making it one of the most advanced Auto/Manual station in the Industry and suitable for the most critical and demanding applications. The 5040-AM can also be used as a current (4-20mA) to Motorized Valve control Unit. The 5040-AM accepts as PV all Sensor Inputs like Thermocouple, RTD, Current and Voltage. Besides the MV Input from Host device, it has provision for ZV (4-20mA/ Potentiometer) or SV Input; it has 4 Digital Inputs for Remote operation and 8 digital outputs for Alarm/Diagnostic/Status/Event purpose freely configurable.
The MV output signal mirrors the MV Input in Auto mode and can be locally or remotely manipulated in Manual mode, a second analog output can be configured for MV, ZV or PV. Removal of the 5040-AM from its shell or loss of power to the Auto/Manual station will not affect the output MV signal in Auto mode. On loss of MV signal from Host the 5040-AM can be setup to go in Manual mode with the last healthy MV value or preset value, Auto/manual selection is possible through front Keys or remotely by Digital Input/RS-485.
The RS485 Modbus RTU interface allows full configuration, operation and data acquisition from PC. Multi-Level password protection, square root extraction for PV, Digital filter and 19 Alarm types are standard features of the 5040-AM.
- Functions as Auto/Manual station or Motorized Valve control unit
- Pass through of MV Input in Auto mode, allows replacement without process disturbance
- MV, PV and ZV/SV Inputs
- Feature rich IOs: 3 AI, 2AO, 4 DI and 8 DO
- Local (front keys) or Remote (DI/RS-485) operation
- User friendly setup and operation Menu
- Multi-Level password protection
- 19 Alarm types freely configurable
- Re-Transmission signal ≡ PV, MV or ZV
- RS485 port with Modbus RTU protocol
- Unit can be replaced or powered down without loss of MV signal in Auto mode
- Auto/Manual status output
- 2 seven segment, 1 bar and 9 status LEDs for visualization and status
- Full Isolation between Inputs and outputs
- Universal AC/DC Aux supply
- PV selectable from 17 sensor signals
- Programmable Ramp for MV signal
- RS-485 Modbus RTU port for configuration, operation and data acquisition